VDB has in place a comprehensive design process that guarantees transparency and clarity from day 1. We work to ensure that things go as planned across the life cycle of the project – from concept and design to front-end consultancy, to execution and construction. Here is our step-by-step process list across different action items.
The pre-construction plan
- Understanding client requirements.
- Due diligence studies – site suitability, legal checks, project feasibility, support infrastructure.
- Design brief and co-ordination.
- Feasibility, specs and project costing.
- Design development and finalization of project cost.
- Project contract documentation and agreements.
- Approvals from statutory authorities.
- Selection of appropriate contractors.
- Construction phasing / schedules / logistics.
- Vendor selection and administration.
- Technical follow-up group: Support to site team.
- Contracts group: All contractual information, feedback to client.
- Quality group: Checklists, quality-checks and implementation.
- Prototyping: Sample building with all civil and interior work.
- Testing: All material and finishes tested well in advance.
- Systems: Extensive use of systems, procedures and checklists.
- Monthly report: Project status, quality and safety, schedules, constraints and photographs.
- Completion of construction: Testing, de-bugging and commissioning, project closure and handover.
- Cost-Plus Contract with Target Price and Shared Project Savings: A financial arrangement wherein VDB is entitled to fifty percent of the savings, should the final cost of a project be less than the estimate raised. In cases where the final cost exceeds the budget, the difference is borne by the client.
- Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP): A financial arrangement wherein the cost difference is borne by VDB, should the final cost of the project be more than the estimate raised.
Exclusive VDB Advantages
- Experienced professionals with strong design and project capabilities
- Familiarity with currently building technologies.
- Ability to provide global quality in the local environment.
- Compliance with international codes and safety requirements.
- Ability to handle communication over various time zones.
- Comprehensive cost database.
- Knowledge of bylaws and statutory regulations.
- Ability to secure all statutory approvals rapidly.
- Good understanding of Import laws and duty benefits.